SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is all about optimizing a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) — including Google, Bing, Yahoo and other for search engines.
SEO is a technique for:
- Designing and developing a website to rank well in search engine results.
- Improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines.
- Marketing by understanding how search algorithms work, and what human visitors might search.
SEO Career path and Opportunities in SEO field in India:
High demand for SEO services:
Once SEO was not a separate profession – Web masters performed some basic SEO for the sites they managed and that was all. But as sites began to grow and make money, it became more reasonable to hire a dedicated SEO specialist than to have the Web master do it. The demand for good SEO experts is high and is constantly on the rise.
Here are few career opportunities in SEO to consider:
- Join as SEO executive to start your career.
- Work with established company or startup to manage their SEO.
- Join established company as SEO manager, team leader, consultant etc..
- Become freelance SEO professional and take SEO projects.
- Provide SEO trainings online.
- Start your own SEO Company.
- Launch blog and earn from advertising and affiliate marketing.
Here are job profiles and designations in SEO:
- SEO Trainee
- Jr. SEO Executive
- Sr. SEO Executive
- SEO Analyst
- Link Building Expert
- SEO Consultant
- SEO Project Manager
- SEO and SEM Specialist
- Ad words Specialist / PPC Expert
- Analytics Expert
- Digital Marketing Manager
- SEO Trainer
- Freelance SEO consultant
How much does SEO professionals earn in India?
Salary paid to SEO professional in India mainly depends on various factors like skills, knowledge, experience, job profile, role and location. Acquiring skills like, Google Analytics, Google Ad words and Content marketing will help you earn more salary ranging from 50,000/-per month to 1.5lacs per month, depending on your education, position and company you are working with. If you become a freelance consultant + Content Writer + Blogger and Affiliate marketer, you can earn handsome amount and enjoy decent lifestyle.